Couple of Forum Search issues...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DandyDon

Umbraphile
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
One kilometer high on the Texas Central Plains
# of dives
500 - 999
Nothing pressing here, but glitches still...

(1) When I open the Search Forum box on any forum, I often prefer pasting the term rather than risk a typing mistake, but if I try to Right click the open box, it snaps shut before I can paste. I can use CTRL+V to paste so I have been working around that for months.

(2) Today, when I used Search Forum in A&I to look for threads mentioning geoduck, I get page 1 saying there are 28 related threads, but will not go beyond #9. Well, it will - but yield: Sorry - no matches. Please try some different terms.

#1 is probably because of your browser, as I can paste into a search box via Chrome. I don't know what you're using.

#2. There are only 9 threads.

chrome is the devil.

OK, thanks. I was using Fire Fox - will try Chrome.

I tried Chrome, and it will accept a Right Click in the Search Forum box ok, so that was browser related.

Then I ran the Search for Geoduck there, and still get 9 threads on page 1, but now it claims 32 threads on 2 pages, but will not go to page 2. Or am I confused again...? :silly:

Attachments

• Capture2.jpg
    Capture2.jpg
    9.4 KB · Views: 34
I am using Firefox and have no trouble pasting into the search field with a right click.

I tried Chrome, and it will accept a Right Click in the Search Forum box ok, so that was browser related.

Then I ran the Search for Geoduck there, and still get 9 threads on page 1, but now it claims 32 threads on 2 pages, but will not go to page 2. Or am I confused again...? :silly:

I saw the same thing. There are 9 results though. Not sure why it says more. The search is better than it used to be... it's not the standard vBulletin search. I installed "Sphinx Search for vBulletin" it is considerably faster, but still doesn't allow for search modifiers like + - "" etc... It is what it is...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom