Countdown timers revisted

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Yeah, I was excited to post a coundown for my adventure next week to Key West and then the Dry Tortugas. I hadn't noticed until now that the coutdown was no longer available!

Sorry but the timers (the very idea of them) conflicts with the new inline posting tools we have along with some other features for mods and admins. There is no way that I am aware of to get around this.

Tech Admin:
Sorry but the timers (the very idea of them) conflicts with the new inline posting tools we have along with some other features for mods and admins. There is no way that I am aware of to get around this.

That sucks, I thought is was a way cool feature.

Alex

Well it never hurts to ask. I agree with you Alex it was one of the coolest features EVER on the board. It was great seeing where and when everyone was going. While I understand upgrading the board is needed from time to time IMO this was a step backwards for users. I would hope that upgrades in the future are just as user friendly as mod/admin friendly. Tech Admin I do appreciate the HARD WORK you do for the board. I would just ask that you keep the countdown timer feature in mind when you look to upgrade the software in the future. With software changing everyday I'm sure that it should become possible, afterall you did get rid of the orange smiles.:D

For a contrarian viewpoint...I thought they were overused and sometimes really bogged things down. I'm glad they're gone.

If you want to advertise where you're going, why not just put something in your sig file like "Cozumel on Dec. 5!!"

I agree with Radinator. We don't all miss them.

Joe

I didn't even notice they were gone. I found a few that were funny, but other than that, most just said "having fun" :)

I enjoyed them alot :D

I just spent 20 minutes searching the menus to try to figure out where my timer went. I enjoyed having one, and reading others.

Back
Top Bottom