Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.
Benefits of registering include
Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
Interesting. I am not a H.S.A. represenative, so the below is just IMHO.
IMHO here is the decision matrix
- Only need one for all to hear
- Underwater recall system
- Could be used to guide a blind diver
- Cost effective if you need to have two or more hear you.
- One way communication - response is standard SCUBA hand signals or white board.
- Blind Divers tend to be more comfortable with human contact so I would still have to be in touch with them and I can then use standard blind SCUBA hand signals.
- Too Expensive especially when compared to available two way communication FFMs on the market.