Suggestion Could 'New Posts' display a lot more threads/page?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

OP
drrich2

drrich2

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Hi:

I like to hit the forum a couple of times a day or so; I hit 'New Posts' to quickly skim a lot of topics and 'right click, open in new tab' to scan those of interest.

Thing is, I can have to go through 15 or so pages, up to 500 posts, and that is a hassle.

Is there a way to set my profile or otherwise modify things so I could see, say, 100 threads per page, or something like that?

For frequent scrolling of many topics, given that it's not practical to go into subforum sections individually, it would be a big help.

Richard.

one thing you can do is go under Edit Options and select some forums under 'Exclude Forums from "Get New Posts". It won't increase the threads per page, but will cut down on the overall number. There are some forums with a lot of new posts you may not be interested in scanning though all the time. Especially consider "Intros and Greets", things under "Surface Interval" that you're not into ("Humor & Games" may be one good candidate), and any of the local forums you're not interested in. It doesn't stop you from looking at them directly if you're in the mood.

We could up the number of threads per page in the search results but that would also take more time for the page to load.

Back
Top Bottom