Could It Be DCS?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

goodluck99

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
First dive...

Max depth.- 14m /// Time 35min /// Safety stop.- 3 min ///

Surafce interval.- 1h15min

Second dive...

Max depth.- 14m /// Time 35min /// Safety stop.- 3 min /// (EXACTLY THE SAME)

1 day on and my right lower chest hurts; it feels like a bruise but (it doesn't hurt unless i prod it) and it is slightly red. It does not feel internal and its about 20cm by 10cm. What should I do?

Hi GoodLuck:

That is not much of a tissue gas load. It sounds to me more like a bruise (as you suggest) or an allergic reaction (contact dermatitis), possible to something in the wet suit. I do not knoiw if you had a suit - but with an England address, I guess cold water.

Cold water, in a semi-dry (15deg.C); that's why I was only down there for 35 mins. I always do a safety stop in cold water anyway. Neither of the dives were strenuious.

Hi goodluck99,

As Dr Deco has suggested, neither the dive profiles nor the signs and symptoms are particularly consistent with DCI.

Has the slight discomfort and reddening of the R-lower chest area altered in any fashion since the original posting?

Regards,

DocVikingo

This is educational only and does not constitute or imply a doctor-patient relationship. It is not medical advice to you or any other individual and should not be construed as such.

The redness has gone but it still hurts. :confused:

Hey goodluck99,

Still only when you "prod" it?

Any problems with or discomfort upon breathing?

Any other signs or symptoms?

Regards,

DocVikingo

Hi,

The pain is gradually going away and there is no pain when I'm breathing; I'm probably just a bit paranoid after completing my course! I don't think there's much to worry about, as you say, I didn't load much nitrogen .Thanks very much for your help anyway :wink::)

Regards,
Goodluck99

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom