Costa Rica???

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Had a little 'discussion' underwater when i ran low-on-air and the divemaster told me to go up alone (he was my buddy) so he could continue with the rest of the group (finally some one else volunteered to go up with me and do the safety stop, etc)

The implication here is that the DM was wrong in refusing to ascend as a "buddy". On the one hand, most divers want a buddy with them. On the other, most divers seem to resent strongly having their bottom time determined by the fellow diver with the worst air consumption. I had a similar situation in NZ and the DM sent the low-on-air diver to the surface without a buddy.

So, what should a DM do in this situation, particularly if the remaining divers are not tremendously experienced, and/or did know their way around the particular site?

By the way, Rich Coast Diving changed ownership in Oct. 2003. They've updated their equipment and personnel. I had a wonderful time and highly recommend them.

I have dove in Costa Rica many times...Playa del Coco with Deep Blue..very good. Bat Islands & Catalina Island also very nice and good stuff to see. Dove there last yr. different sites..i highly recommended it. As too cold the coldest water i've encountered there has been about 75 degrees with visability of about 80 ft.

Great diving.

I took my "wham bam" certification course there.

I tend to compare all other dive sites with the diving I found there. Maybe it's because they were my first, or because they were super dives.

To date the closest I've found to the same "feeling" is Puget Sound.

Enjoy

Dwain

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom