Costa Rica last week of January

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

rcs_scuba

Reaction score
Hello, looking for advice, tips and hints about a planned trip to the Pacific side.
Looking at staying at the Flamingo Beach Resort for two weeks seeing the wife does not dive and need to keep her happy as well with the all-inclusive treats.

Time of travel - last week of January and first week of February 2010
Dive Experience - DM 1000+ dives, advanced tri-mix
Want to dive mornings only and possibly an extra excursion or two like to Bat Island.
Suggested Dive Ops that can pick me up at Flamingo

Thanks

Please feel free to PM me.

Flamingo:
Costa Rica Diving: Index
run by a german couple, got a few days ago a great review here: http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/central-america/310501-choosing-2-spots-dive-costa-rica-2.html (last tread)
Aguacenter: Aquacenter Diving Costa Rica, Scuba Diving and Adventure Tours in Costa Rica

Tamarindo:
Agua Rica Diving run by a gentle italian couple

For the dives at Bat Islands best will be the best to depart from Playas del Coco, but it may be too choppy in January to go there.
But anyway, the only shop i know personally is Summer Salt Dive Center and they go as often as possible to the Bat Islands.
Summer Salt - Costa Rica
In and around Playas del Coco are other 15 Dive Shops, to not forget one i leave it up to you to google for them.

Chris Karrer

Diving Safaris in Playa Hermosa might suit you. They will pick you up and they do two tank morning dives. Great people,small groups and very accommodating. Also closest to Bats if it's available.

Bat Islands season is over until early April or whenever the Papagayo winds die down. At the moment dive shops are only heading to Catalina Islands.

Hello there,

A good option for you might be Rich Coast Diving in Playas del Cocos. This is an international dive center, with an enthousiastic, proffesional and fun team of dive instructors! Playas del Cocos got plenty of (all inclusive) hotels, but it also offers a lively beach/nightlive. (just thinking about your wife here:)) Playas Hermosa is the closest town Rich Coast Diving is also diving from and they organise pick- up, even by boat, where your gear is already waiting for you! This also counts for the beautifull Riu Hotel just along the coast.

The dive center organises 2 tank dives every morning, so you will always be back around 1 pm. It,s true that it,s hard to find boats who are willing to take you to the Bat Islands at the moment, due to strong winds. They do take you to the Catalina Islands where Manta Ray season just started!

Hope this information is helpfull enough, but feel free to contact me if you have further questions.

hope you are lucky with picking that time of the year. last season it was horrible conditions (1-4 meters viz and ice cold) at catalinas between beginning of february-middle of april, not worth the money. but on a good day (still possible in january) it is excellent diving with lot´s to see. pacific coast diving is a dive center located inside the flamingo beach resort, huge boat and professional staff. check them out: youtube.com/watch?v=9IsEcn8yfCc
enjoy the dives!

Back
Top Bottom