Costa Rica - Guanacaste Dive Shop

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

JamieMc5280

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
I am headed to CR the first week of January, traveling with some friends that will do their certification dives while on our trip. The dive shop that has been recommended and partnered with the villa we are staying is Rocket Frog and the pricing is incredible. The catch- our friends have to get certified with an SSI shop. Any suggestions on how we should navigate this? Any input on ChrisDiving, Dive Center? Any advice you have would be incredibly helpful.

Have you talked to RF about this? It should be possible to start with SSI and do referal dives with PADI. I have a friend who did this (in Curacao.) It was a slight nuisance, but possible.

I am headed to CR the first week of January, traveling with some friends that will do their certification dives while on our trip. The dive shop that has been recommended and partnered with the villa we are staying is Rocket Frog and the pricing is incredible. The catch- our friends have to get certified with an SSI shop. Any suggestions on how we should navigate this? Any input on ChrisDiving, Dive Center? Any advice you have would be incredibly helpful.

+1 on contacting them. They list one SSI instructor on their website, if he's still there/active, it may not be a problem at all.

I cannot comment on the SSI issue, but I can tell you I did a few days diving with RF two weeks ago and they are an amazing shop. I hope it works out for your friends.

Back
Top Bottom