Costa Rica dive spots

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I'll defitely try and make it there, but it will be my first trip to Costa Rica and I'd like to see the country as much as dive it, with only 6 real travel days, that will be a very big balancing act. Thaks for the info though.

I have dove the Catalinas, ended up going with AquaCenter diving out of Flamingo, great Op and friendly, nice boat.

Cabo Velas is more of a local close to shore dive spot, and I would think you are not as likely to see bigger fish there, mostly just the smaller reef fish.

Sounds good, I'll try and stick with the catalinas. Neither operator out of tamarindo is doing the bat islands this time of year, which I'm very dissapointed about.

The operators in Guanacaste have the Papagayo winds coming down from the north to contend with this time of year. While it may not make much difference with local conditions they make fairly long ocean passages, like to the Bats, difficult at best.

If you make it down to Quepos/Manuel Antoino give us a try. Since we don't have to contend with the winds, now is the best time to dive the Central Pacific. Today we had 50+ ft viz local and our big boat made the first trip of the season to Cano Island. Reef report from Cano was 80+ ft of viz and lots of white tips.

www.oceansunlimitedcr.com

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom