Costa Rica - Best Diving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

As for diving a day at each the Bats and Cats is required :D.

I've read good things about these dives. Did you find they delivered? i.e. Sharks, manta's?

J.L

Private post me @ DRKEVBO@AOL.COM your mail address and when I get back from Belize I'll burn a copy of the disc and send it to you. Its to big to upload. Im sure there is a way to compress ect. I just havent gotten that good yet. We dove Rich Coast and had no complaints . There were a couple of confusing mid water boat changes, but that was to consolidate dive groups. Very friendly group who new where to go and polled the group.

I've read good things about these dives. Did you find they delivered? i.e. Sharks, manta's?

Yes, Bats had a manta sighting and several sharks. Cats was just nice diving. We would have done a second day at Cats. The Bats was a long ride. However, during a local dive was the best surprise - a frog fish.

Anyone have any knowledge about local trip locations that are supposed to be nice. I think I will definitely do bats.
Also, anyone know a good company to do some canopy tours with?

Bummer about Hotel Villa de Flores and the Ryans. What changed/happened??

Okay I can answer this now as I got a message from the Ryans.

"However, the hotel is closed. We have sold it ... the new owners ... will be changing the property to condos ... I have opened a coffee shop in town (just celebrated the one year anniversary) ... If you come back to town, come see me at Coco Coffee Company."

This is really too bad cause it was a great place to stay.

October is the season for the manta rays at the Catalina islands, we have already spotted them 2 days ago. Great time to come over.
The local diving is good here as well, if you have any questions, or need any more info/pictures our organizations website CRDP, the Association of Costa Rica Dive Professionals. We make Costa Rica a safe dive destination. does tell you a lot.
Coco has many different hotels in various prices and the advantage of October is that it is low season and you don't really have to book in advance; there will be space available, however, if you have a particular choice, I would reserve. Villa Flores is closed because it has been sold, but there are many more choices. Coco palms is doing very well with a good restaurant and great pool and close to everything. One of my favorites is Puerta del Sol, close to town, close to the beach and very calm and rustic with great garden en good Italian Restaurant!
Have fun and happy diving!

I'm going Oct. 5-13.

Heck, Thats when we are going also. Just now trying to set up new plans since our original plans went belly up. Looking at the Villa del Sol and Rich Coast Diving in Playa del Coco. Maybe we'll see ya down there!

Back
Top Bottom