Costa Rica Beginning of Dec

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

kf4zht

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Thanks to some need to take some vacation I decided to go to costa rica. I will be there the first week of December.

I will be staying at the Marriott, points make it free.

I was wondering what dive ops are recommended down there (ocotal seems to be) and what dives are musts that time a year.

Also any other recommendations on stuff to do? Zip line tours and sea kayaking are already on the list.

Where do you go?
At the JW Marriot Guanacaste at Hacienda Pinilla or the Marriot at Los Sueños Resort and Marina?

Chris

Where do you go?
At the JW Marriot Guanacaste at Hacienda Pinilla or the Marriot at Los Sueños Resort and Marina?

Chris

Ah, knew I was forgetting something, I will be at the JW Marriott in Guanacaste

The Mariott at JW Hacienda Pinilla is a beautiful resort but outside of Tamarindo.
The distances (Google Maps) to the next towns where you will find dive operators are:

Tamarindo: 3.6 Miles and a drive time of 8 minutes
Flamingo: 10.5 miles and a drive time of 21 minutes
Playas del Coco: 41 miles and a drive time of 1.07 hour

Tamarindo and Flamingo have a few dive operators, while in Playas del Coco are a lot
Tamarindo: Agua Rica Agua Rica Diving Center - Playa Tamarindo Costa Rica
Flamingo: http://www.aquacenterdiving.com/
Brasilito: Barbara

Google a bit about Playas del Coco, you will find tons of dive operators and opinions about them.
Anyway, Ocotal is a renomated dive operator a bit outside of Playas del Coco, while direct in the center you will find Deep Blue Diving, Summer Salt Diving and Rich Coast Diving.

Chris

Thanks, I saw Ocotal and Rich Coast repeatly, so I have emailed both of them. The links for closer stuff is handy, may go with them for a day or so, but stay closer for other dives.

I just got back from Costa Rica Sunday. I dove with PacificCoastDivecenter.com in Plya Flamingo. They will do transfers for you to get to the shop. I would recomend them.

Russ

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom