Costa Rica 2/07 Diving Pics

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Ohh nice...I only did night dives on Argentina and Tortuga. I miss working in the Pacific :(

Hey Mis, who did you dive with at Safaris? I worked there for a bit....

Rivermonkey:
Ohh nice...I only did night dives on Argentina and Tortuga. I miss working in the Pacific :(

Hey Mis, who did you dive with at Safaris? I worked there for a bit....

Mauricio/Mau most of the dives. A few others. As you know they have a lot of peeps that come for a year or two. One other guy whose name I can't think of right now but he has been there awhile.

Fin and Betina. I don't remember the guys name that took us on the last night dive...

Those shots are great. I was there about 6 months ago and it looked exactly the same. Makes me want to go back ASAP. Thanks for sharing!

Costa Rica- How is it getting in and out of the country? Are there any huge hassles to deal with? The diving looks great.

JDog:
Costa Rica- How is it getting in and out of the country? Are there any huge hassles to deal with? The diving looks great.

Nah, easy enough. Just have to make sure you have the cash for your departure tax ($26). The diving is awesome. It is the reason I keep going back :D

como le va, mae? I can't wait to go to Costa Rica this summer. The bad news is that I may only manage one day or so of diving (yes, it's a land tour and I am with non-diving company...bummer...but I'll take what I can get).

Awesome photos! Thanks!

Missdirected:
Nah, easy enough. Just have to make sure you have the cash for your departure tax ($26). The diving is awesome. It is the reason I keep going back :D

I will put this on my "to do" list.

Finally finding some time to do a quick report on day 1 in Playa Hermosa, Costa Rica.

Well, the diving was awesome!! I actually didn't have very high expectations regarding vis and temps. I went out there expecting 10-20' vis and 65-70F water temps....well, what we got was completely different!! Vis on most dives was more in the 50' range (tough to get a good measure when it's that good) and temps @84F! I felt kind of dumb for bringing along my 7mm full suit, hood, 5mm gloves.....until I spoke with several other divers who had done the same thing. Luckily MissD got me a 3mm shorty for the trip.:)

Going out with Diving Safaris was great. MissD had made it clear to them long before we went out there that we wanted to dive as much as possible. I don't think they took us seriously at first. We only managed 2 morning dives on day one and they had no plans on going to the Catalina Islands as we had requested. Well, once we realized this, we began recruiting any and all divers we met on trips we did go out on. It really paid off as the next day we would go to Catalina and get in a night dive! After that, the shop knew we were serious and it was funny when we found ourselves switching boats in between others trips so we could do one more dive..... The shop did a great job getting us on as many trips as possible and the DMs we went out with made every dive interesting, pointing out things we would have never seen. From tiny clown shrimp and seahorses to giant mantas! On the surface intervals we saw turtles and even a humpback whale! I was blown away by how much life there was and the variety. We saw a little of everything on day one and it set the stage for the rest of the week....just couldn't wait to get back it the water!

So enough talk...here are some more pics. These are from day one.
Dive 1 - Monkey Head
Dive 2 - Virdor (turning point)
(I was going to give the depths/temps but just realized I wore my computer that died right after these dives - thank goodness I had a backup!)

Also there is Moonie's trip report here.

Monkey Head:
2007-02-11MonkeyHead.JPG

P1020007.JPG

P1020013edit.jpg

P1020015edit1.jpg

P1020018edit.jpg

P1020034edit.jpg

P1020056edit.jpg

these guys were just following me around...every time I glanced to my right they were there...so I snapped this pic.
P1020052edit.jpg

My first experience with a shark while scuba diving!! Just amazing....
P1020087edit.jpg

P1020023edit.jpg

P1020080edit.jpg

P1020101edit.jpg

P1020097edit.jpg

P1020090edit.jpg

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom