Corrugated hoses

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Pull dump? Couldn't be the only reason or corrugation wouldn't be DIR. Probably also avoids kinking during oral inflate.

I think it makes the hose more flexible with lesswear and tear on the hose.

MikeFerrara once bubbled...
I think it makes the hose more flexible with lesswear and tear on the hose.

The corrugations add rigidity and prevent the hose from collapsing when bent.

MD

MechDiver once bubbled...

The corrugations add rigidity and prevent the hose from collapsing when bent.

MD

I guess that's kind of what I was trying to say in that it enables the hose to bend without kinking like a dryer duct or flexible conduit and bunches of other stuff.

Completely empty your BC to start a descent and see what happens. The corrugated inflate hose eventually begins to collapse under pressure as the small amount of residual air in the hose is compressed.

I'd specualte that this sort of stress might quickly wear holes in the hose were it not for the added strength that a corrugated hose provides. Just a guess.

the worst thing that could happen is to have an inflator hose with 4 way flex (like a round hose). It only needs 2-way flex (over your shoulder down your chest...NOT side to side) so you can always find it. That's why they're flat and corrugated...to prevent flexing side to side so you can always find it.

My $.02

K

This gets my vote. Especially with oral inflation, it would have to bend around 180 and not collapse. The corrogation accomplishes this nicely.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom