Corrective Lenses Question?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I bought daily contact lenses, no big expense if I loose one while diving.
Also, in a bind, you can try making with your thumb and index the divers OK sign, but very tightly, thus leaving a very small hole (the size of a pencil eraser) .
Look trough that hole and this should permit you to read your gauge.
It's the depth of field principle used in photography. The more you close the iris the longer depth of field you have. One could even carry a piece of plastic with a small hole in it for emergencies

Belmont:
I bought daily contact lenses, no big expense if I loose one while diving.
Also, in a bind, you can try making with your thumb and index the divers OK sign, but very tightly, thus leaving a very small hole (the size of a pencil eraser) .
Look trough that hole and this should permit you to read your gauge.
It's the depth of field principle used in photography. The more you close the iris the longer depth of field you have. One could even carry a piece of plastic with a small hole in it for emergencies

You're increasing the depth of field & getting rid of (some) peripheral abberations....It's the pupil(aperture) you're decreasing in size, increasing the depth of field.....

Back
Top Bottom