Question Corrective lens question

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ybscuba

New
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
I am not scuba certified and have never gone diving. I will hopefully get certified in next 2 weeks and go for my first dives. I had limited options as I am overseas so I bought a scuba face mask Atomic with corrective lens # -5.0. My normal glasses are #- 6.5. Any advice for me?

I do have contacts with me but I am very afraid of getting water in eyes with the contacts. I can upgrade my mask in the future but for now I cannot get the correct number lens for my scuba training and first dives. Thanks in advance for any advice!!!

You should be fine. You get a partial negative diopter effect just from the air-water interface of your mask. Not enough correction just means things will be fuzzy at a distance, but you can't usually see at a distance underwater anyway. Have a good time!

Back
Top Bottom