Correction going to Mermet 11/10 and 11/11

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Won my bid on the wetsuit - hopefully it will be here and fit correctly for the dive.
All I need now is to pick up some weight. I will have to rent it this time out cause it was too expensive at our dive shop. I will try to pick up a tank or two around x-mass time then will be all set.
4.50 per pound is insane cost for weight.

Cruncha- I'm considering heading out to mermet from STL on the 10th. I'm always interested in meeting new local divers. What time are you planning to arrive @ MS? Will it be you and treetop or are you bringing more disgruntled postal employees with you? :wink:

Treetop-keep an eye on ebay for your weights, you can buy them used without much worry. You might want to consider buying a new belt from your LDS to be sure it is in good condition and fits properly.

Anyone else from SB going to MS this wknd?

---Fleep

fleep: do you guys normal stay over or drive there and back in a day? Would love to come out and meet you guys, wont be diving though as I still need to get my gear. Might be more convenient to meet up next time you guys head to Mine LaMotte

scubaculture:

I have been known to stay there overnight, either camping on site or in a nearby hotel. This wknd I was only planning to do a day trip on the 10th, driving back in the evening-unless someone convinces me to do a night dive...

I take it your gear is in africa? Mermet offers full scuba gear rental for $45/day, $70/wknd. It's a ~2.5 hr drive to Mermet from STL, and it would be torture for you to have to watch us diving from the shore. I suggest that you either rent your gear @ mermet, or meet us at LaMotte next time(bring snorkling gear, lots to do there w/ just snorkel), or join RexRacer(aka Geno) and I for a beer in 'the loop' anytime.

Would be great to have another instructor in our group of active local divers. Never can have too many diving friends :) I look forward to meeting you soon!

PM me for my contact info and we'll arrange a meet-up,
Dave

P.S. Are you cavern certified? Any interest in taking a class? Missouri has some good cave diving ops which I would like to explore once I have the appropriate training and gear.

Yeah all my gear is still in South Africa, with freight costs it is probably cheaper to get a new set here so might just do that.

Not cavern certified, would definitely be interested in a class though.

I am 95% sure I will be at Mermet this weekend. I will most liekly drive down Friday night for a night dive or 2, then dive Saturday and Sunday morning before heading back. I am probably going to be camping as well. Hope to see some of you down there.

I wish that I could come down with you guys... It is opening weekend of deer season so I will be sitting in a tree all weekend....

Have a good time this weekend and let us know how it went...

Phil

Well, got back late last night from Mermet. Around a 7.5 hr drive from here.
I definately recomend this to anyone in range. Great facilities helpful staff and of course great diving. Many things to do and see whle there, and bouy's and lines marking out the main attractions. Music playing underwater, so we were diving the 727 listening to Hotel California - earily approopriate.
Visibility is good and lots of fish-friends to swim with. Warm showers are great after several dives too.
Hats and fins off to the staff at Mermet - thanks for the great weekend guys.

Treetop

Well, got back late last night from Mermet. Around a 7.5 hr drive from here.
I definately recomend this to anyone in range. Great facilities helpful staff and of course great diving. Many things to do and see whle there, and bouy's and lines marking out the main attractions. Music playing underwater, so we were diving the 727 listening to Hotel California - earily approopriate.
Visibility is good and lots of fish-friends to swim with. Warm showers are great after several dives too.
Hats and fins off to the staff at Mermet - thanks for the great weekend guys.

Treetop

it was great meeting you and Crunch this weekend. Hope to see you guys again. The instant camp fire was cool.

Back
Top Bottom