CoronaVirus Dilemma

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Oh crap. Well, if this thing hasn't blown over by November there goes those tickets.
we had 22 korean tourists who arrived before flights were stopped. theyre literally being hunted down for quarantine. most hotels, shun travellers from banned countries. if your hotel is rumored to be housing someone from that list. bookings get cancelled and people transfer. hotels now have staff on a 3day work week. its really killing the resorts and hotel industry. stayed on one resort. only saw 2-3 families. 2 of those families were local. the buffet... i duno they lose a lot of money. all the food isnt going anywhere

Safer depends on what we put behind this word... (edited)

I think it’s hard to parse through information and misinformation tossed around...

Everybody makes is own opinion based on his/her own (often almost inexistant) knowledge (and I’m well into that group) and what news/governments/agencies tell us..

I think it’s dangerous to put our own conclusion as certainties on forums.

We don’t know how dangerous is the virus, how spread it actually is (tests are barely arriving and communication is sketchy at best), and how the different government can react/are reacting.

Well, phooey. I am supposed to be in Sabang in Mid April, but Delta is doing the monkey dance with the airline schedules. I was supposed to fly non-stop from MSP to Incheon in Korea, and then onward to Manila. Then Delta cancelled my flight from MSP and routed us through Detroit! Now I hear that they are cancelling all flights to and from Korea. I decided to use a travel agent (rare for me) and buy good trip insurance when I booked way back before Corona was even on the radar, and I am sure glad I did. My agent is going nuts trying to reschedule the flights, and we may end up flying through Antartica, the way things are going, if we fly at all. I am strongly tempted to move everything to May, but who knows what things will be like then? Cripes, what a ride!:shakehead:

they are cancelling some of the flights from Incheon to MNL, too.

Just now I found on the Delta site that they are routing us through Tokyo instead, which is what I wanted in the first place! At least, it looks like it. I suppose I should just sit back and let my agent work it all out, if such a thing is possible this far out. We will see, won't we?:popcorn:

Just now I found on the Delta site that they are routing us through Tokyo instead, which is what I wanted in the first place! At least, it looks like it. I suppose I should just sit back and let my agent work it all out, if such a thing is possible this far out. We will see, won't we?:popcorn:

WORLD TOUR!!!!!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom