CoronaVirus Dilemma

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Friend currently in PG reports: “Sabang is like a ghost village. Dive shops,,bars and restos all hurting and some have closed down.”
It is my view that the main factor here is the ban on travellers flying from/through China and Hong Kong, in addition to general fear.

I really feel for the local dive operations. It is hard enough to stay in business much less having your client base sucked out from underneath you. I guess I will wait to send any deposits for our trip in November.

My prayers go out to everyone being effected by this, business or health wise.

Gotta be sceptical of the numbers, does anyone really believe India and Iceland have the same number of people infected?

Headed to the Phils at the end of May connecting through Korea. Trump just put up new travel advisories for certain areas of Korea and Italy. Worried that if cases of the virus keep exploding in Korea that flights to and from there to USA will be cut off entirely. Or that the Philippines will cut off flights from Korea like they did from all of China--just a wait and see game right now.

You dont havr to worry about getting thr disease here in cebu. The resorts are empty. Im here right now while typing this message. Dive industry is falling apart due to lack of divers. As locals were having it all for ourselves

Your only worrry is the travel bans. If they stop flights. We take a lot of precautions, probably the reason why no confirmed infections yet

I think it's probably a bit of an exaggeration to say it's "falling apart", obviously the infrastructure and people are still in place and more than capable of providing the excellent service and diving that the Philippines is known for.

Due to the early travel ban on China/HK/Macau it would appear that virus cases here have been kept to a real minimum, and it's far safer here than in Europe.

However, of course it is hurting the industry as numbers are down, as they will be everywhere - but the industry is still here and ready to bounce back when the demand increases again; don't doubt the Filipino ability to survive adversity and do it with a smile :)

I booked a flight to Cebu via Hong Kong before the outbreak.
It’s not till November but I’m still worried. I imagine the flight w
Fingers crossed for everyone.
Right now you can't get to Cebu from Hong Kong.
See IATA - International Travel Document News
upload_2020-3-2_17-53-18.png

Headed to the Phils at the end of May connecting through Korea. Trump just put up new travel advisories for certain areas of Korea and Italy. Worried that if cases of the virus keep exploding in Korea that flights to and from there to USA will be cut off entirely. Or that the Philippines will cut off flights from Korea like they did from all of China--just a wait and see game right now.

Flights FROM south korea are stopped. or you will be quarantined. don't take the korea way

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom