Coronavirus and how the cruise ship crumbles

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

It isn't but it should be.
I'm not figuring on ever going on a cruise ship, but I think businesses and people need to make their own choices. And as much as I hate it, that includes the people on Cozumel.

If it isn’t over it will hopefully be extremely shuttered. The key cruise demographic are some of if not the most susceptible to covid 19.
They are not called floating Petrie dishes for nothing

I think there is a lot of overlap between the demographics of cruisers and that of divers, at least recreationally speaking. Both are older, have more time, have more money, and are generally more determined to continue life onwards as they would like.

Interesting to think this was posted a month ago. Life was fairly normal at that time.

If this doesn't nearly kill the cruise industry nothing will.

The latest I hear is the cruise lines want some bail out money from the US government. For ships that are not running the US flag. They mostly all run foreign flags to skirt the US laws and taxes. I say they should get some bailout money but only for the ships flying the US flag and paying the US taxes. Want to register your ship somewhere else, go there and ask for your handout.

Back
Top Bottom