Cord Length,

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

MikeS

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
Dan of DJS Technical is wiring my Halcyon 10 Watt HID light head to a Stealth Light canister. He has asked me what length I want the cord to be.

Application – I have a Pioneer 36 # wing with ACB weighting system and at least want to try the built in canister mount. I’m diving wet now but only till the CLX 450 that’s on order comes in. Any suggestions?

Thanks,
MIke

get a piece of cord or string or something flexible and measure the distance from your waist strap to your left wrist when your left arm is straight up and fully extended.

M

i never ask how long unless I know the guy has been diving canister long enough to know the answer otherwise what's the point if im supposeda to be the expert in letting him guess or go around asking stangers on the net.

you really have to set the guy up with the canister on the harness and the real lighthed in his hand so you can get the right length.

speedster your directions dont work unless you specify where on the waist and even then its rough you want the wire running across from the canister to the oposite hand since thats thje longest it'll ever have to be if he misunderstands you and measures from the closest point on his waste he''ll be way to short.

oh and then cut it a couple inches long just to be sure make a few dives and trim it if it needs it easier to shorten than lenghten they say.

MikeS once bubbled...
Dan of DJS Technical is wiring my Halcyon 10 Watt HID light head to a Stealth Light canister. He has asked me what length I want the cord to be.

DNAXdiver once bubbled...
i never ask how long unless I know the guy has been diving canister long enough to know the answer otherwise what's the point if im supposeda to be the expert in letting him guess or go around asking stangers on the net.

you really have to set the guy up with the canister on the harness and the real lighthed in his hand so you can get the right length.

speedster your directions dont work unless you specify where on the waist and even then its rough you want the wire running across from the canister to the oposite hand since thats thje longest it'll ever have to be if he misunderstands you and measures from the closest point on his waste he''ll be way to short.

oh and then cut it a couple inches long just to be sure make a few dives and trim it if it needs it easier to shorten than lenghten they say.

DNAXdiver, lots of people come here to ask strangers questions in hopes of getting varied responses, thats why its here. And yes you're right, I had assumed that MikeS knew the canister is supposed to go on the right side, hence I said to fully extend your left arm thereby creating the longest possible need for the cord, sorry if there was any confusion, Mikes. But then again you can always ask more questions of us strangers if you wanted to clear it up.:wink:

By the way, DNAXdiver, why do you call yourself the expert?

Mike

never said i was "THE EXPERT" what i said was that when i am selling or setting up a light for someone then i am "supposted to be the expert" otherwise why would they let me do it?

we are all experts on this board but i ma not "the expert" ;-)

SPEEDSTER once bubbled...
By the way, DNAXdiver, why do you call yourself the expert?

Mike

DNAXdiver once bubbled...
never said i was "THE EXPERT" what i said was that when i am selling or setting up a light for someone then i am "supposted to be the expert" otherwise why would they let me do it?

we are all experts on this board but i ma not "the expert" ;-)

Oh, thought maybe you worked for AUL or Diverite or something. The thing is, when ordering from DJS, its either over the phone or online, so noone is there with the actual light to size you. Besides I think MikeS probably got his answer from Dan anyways as he has not responded here. (I would be dying to get my new light and anxiously awaiting any info regarding it:) )

And yes, we're all experts here.:wink:

M

SPEEDSTER once bubbled...

I think MikeS probably got his answer from Dan anyways as he has not responded here.

I have not responded because I have actually had to work at work the last couple of days. Don’t you hate it when your job gets in the way of Scuba Board time!

I had assumed that MikeS knew the canister is supposed to go on the right side.
I did, since as I mentioned I have an ACB weight system and the canister mount will only go on the right side.

lots of people come here to ask strangers questions
There are many people on the board that I no longer consider strangers, although some of them are strange. :D Some of the best diving advice I’ve received is from Scuba Board.

Eric,

I ordered a Stealth Dive canister from DJS Technical the manufacturer. They do not manufacture light heads. I wanted the new Halcyon 10 Watt HID light head and since Halcyon will no longer sell directly to DJS Technical, I had to buy the light head and ship it to DJS Technical to wire into the canister.

Thanks,
Mike

Dan put a 43" cord on mine.It seems to be just about right.Its not to long nor to short for using with either my left or right hand.

I use it on my halcyon pioneer BP/w 36lb wing.

Congrats on your new light, your really gonna like it :D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom