Coral Reef Adventure-Bob Bullock Museum

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

parrotheaddiver

Contributor
Reaction score
Southeast of Disorder...and San Marcos, Texas
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
If you live in the Austin area and haven't seen the Coral Reef Adventure at the Imax you gotta go. We went yesterday for our anniv/valentine day. It was the best 45min. arm chair diving you could do. Howard and Michelle Hall filmed it. It took place at the Great Barrier reef, Figi. and Tahiti. Howard got bent while filming and it showed a little bit about him being in the chamber. The man got out of the chamber and back in the water the next day. :scared:

parrotheaddiver:
If you live in the Austin area and haven't seen the Coral Reef Adventure at the Imax you gotta go. We went yesterday for our anniv/valentine day. It was the best 45min. arm chair diving you could do. Howard and Michelle Hall filmed it. It took place at the Great Barrier reef, Figi. and Tahiti. Howard got bent while filming and it showed a little bit about him being in the chamber. The man got out of the chamber and back in the water the next day. :scared:

I saw the movie about a month ago in canada. Did they use the regular screen?

when i saw it they used a special screen that extended above your heads. It was a great movie

It was a very large screen, but the seats were not as steep/straight up as the one in the planetarium in Ft Worth and the screen in Ft worth seems more like a fish eye effect, you didn't get the feeling like you were right there in the water, but it was still really good.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom