Copperhead Bite Me !!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I once had a twenty-foot mamba that I named Hans. This snake was so attached to me that I couldn’t go anywhere without him. He would even follow me to church on a Sunday, and because he didn’t care much for some of the sermons, he would wait for me outside under a tree. Not that Hans was irreligious. But he had a sensitive nature, and the strong line that the preacher took against the serpent in the Garden of Eden always made him feel awkward.

Probably a Yellow Rat Snake. The little ones can be nippy. Harmless, valuable rodent predators.

Update, day 5925:
I was not bitten today; my anti-vampire amulet continues to be effective. I am now cautiously optimistic that it will also work in New Jersey.

I'll bite,
That's the snake's job! :D :D :D

Range in Florida

In Florida, copperheads occur only in the Panhandle, primarily in the western tip and along the Apalachicola River and its tributaries. The herpetology collection at the Florida Museum contains verified records from Calhoun, Escambia, Gadsden, Jackson, Liberty, Okaloosa, and Santa Rosa counties. The range may extend to other nearby areas, but there are no confirmed records from other Florida counties.

That was from UF.

I was teaching Fly Fishing to Boy Scouts in the western part of Virginia. We were fishing along a pretty little creek and just below a dam spillway. There were probably a half dozen boys in the water, when I spied 3 baby copperheads swimming by with one of them swimming between my legs. The boys were in knee deep water and the snakes swam just behind them and one of the instructors. As soon as they passed, I alerted the boys to what they had missed. Sure enough, one of boys wanted to catch one. The other instructor almost walked on water to get out of the stream. 2 phuuni. No one got hurt mostly because none of the snakes were disturbed.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom