Copied Thread - mCCR 1 Class - Carlsbad, CA March 2010

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Same reason they do on the RB80. Potentially not enough bandwidth to deal with what must by definintion be a major problem (requiring donation) and drive the nearly all manual loop. Go back on the loop if/when the poo ain't hitting the fan anymore.

Do you find breathing in and out and checking your PO2 every 2-3 minutes task loading? I don't know how much experience you have with RBs but I can say it takes a lot more task loading to recondition a leaky valve (mCCR) loop after you have been off it than to stay on and keep it stable.

Same reason they do on the RB80. Potentially not enough bandwidth to deal with what must by definintion be a major problem (requiring donation) and drive the nearly all manual loop. Go back on the loop if/when the poo ain't hitting the fan anymore.

What AG is telling me is that it takes less bandwidth (and time) to switch the BOV to OC, then ditch the loop, then, then then, than it does for the donor to just donate a 2nd stage and stay on the loop?

Seriously...

What AG is telling me is that it takes less bandwidth (and time) to switch the BOV to OC, then ditch the loop, then, then then, than it does for the donor to just donate a 2nd stage and stay on the loop?

Seriously...

Of course this all begs the questions, what possible circumstance would require a diver to donate gas. Since you would need a failed rebreather, a failed BOV and a failed secondary regulator before the need for donated gas would even exist.

:hm:

Interesting. That explains a lot. Interesting idea on the configuration. Wouldn't be hard to configure a standard meg similarly...

Gotta love ISC's modular approach!

Looks like a variation on Brett's and Corey's systems. And we all know CCR is coming to UTD/DIR.......

Of course this all begs the questions, what possible circumstance would require a diver to donate gas. Since you would need a failed rebreather, a failed BOV and a failed secondary regulator before the need for donated gas would even exist.

A mixed OC and CC team would be my guess.

Ask the OP why they are ditching the loop for a long hose underneath ala the RB80. The only thing I know about the unit it that its practically an RB80 with offboard O2. So the proceedures are coming from that. Not how other CCR people donate bailout.

There is an article in the winter quarter 2010 Quest about RBs, donation, bailout, etc. It basically covers all the issue that AG choose with the long hose, offboard O2, backmounted bailout on the MC90. AG is obviously not part of GUE anymore but the timing and the similarity of reasoning is striking. I realize many of you aren't GUE members, I don't know how to share that article otherwise, sorry.

There is an article in the winter quarter 2010 Quest about RBs, donation, bailout, etc. It basically covers all the issue that AG choose with the long hose, offboard O2, backmounted bailout on the MC90. AG is obviously not part of GUE anymore but the timing and the similarity of reasoning is striking. I realize many of you aren't GUE members, I don't know how to share that article otherwise, sorry.

Username & Password :)

Username & Password :)

Did you send me your paypal account?? :D

GUE membership is available to anyone, I think its $29/yr and gives access to Quest among other things. Its a nice magazine.

A mixed OC and CC team would be my guess.

Why on earth would you want one of those :idk:

Did you send me your paypal account?? :D

GUE membership is available to anyone, I think its $29/yr and gives access to Quest among other things. Its a nice magazine.

I must have got it mixed up with the money for Limeyx :)

I'm already a member and contributed a bit more to cover a class or two's registration. The basic is $39/year and does have some really good articles in the Quest magazine.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom