cootwo not holding oxygen calibration

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I just recently purchased mine and have the same problem? How long does the O2 calibration usually hold? I can’t find anyway to adjust that.

UPDATE: I tried using the app and set the time to 48 hours for expiration. However, when I tried to calibrate through the app it mentioned there is something wrong with the O2 sensor and that it should be replaced.

However, when I calibrate it seems to be very accurate when compared to other analyzers and the voltage is 13.0V or 13.1V the entire time during calibration. I tricked the unit into thinking it had a new O2 sensor by navigating the menus on-screen by going to "Sensor" -> "Change" or something like that. It powered off, then I powered it back on, recalibrated, and now my calibration no longer expires.

I realize this probably isn't ideal: if the device is saying to replace the O2 sensor it may not be providing accurate readings (buyer beware, etc etc). At least it's good for the next trip to Tulum or so.

Good luck contacting them. They are terrible about supporting their customers.

My buddy has one of those and, IIRC, he got a persistent warning like that (on top of many other problems), got nowhere trying to contact them. I believe he swapped out a perfectly good sensor and it went away. It's one headache after another. Utterly unreliable and totally unsupported.

I know some have had decent luck with the Cootwoo, and the CO sensor is a good thing, but the unit is a piece of crap both from a design and build standpoint.

I've had this experience too. If there was another option on the market I'd be interested but I haven't found another relatively inexpensive portable CO monitor, let alone a combine O2 and CO monitor. If only the customer service was better and the unit was built a bit more sturdier with the ability to update the firmware by the user it'd be golden.

There is a timer for both sensors if remember correctly. The CO is 2 years and the O2 is one year. If the sensor is still working, you just need to do what you did and tell it that you replaced the sensor. Of course then you need to calibrate it as normal and it should work just as before.

Yeah it’s probably just over a year old. I’ll need to order another sensor soon ($80 plus shipping) :(

if you have any CCR buddies, ask if they have any dying sensor sthat they're replacing. Usually they'll fail current limited and they're fine to use in an analyzer. If not, you can get the sensors from Dive Gear Express for a bit cheaper

UPDATE: I tried using the app and set the time to 48 hours for expiration. However, when I tried to calibrate through the app it mentioned there is something wrong with the O2 sensor and that it should be replaced.

However, when I calibrate it seems to be very accurate when compared to other analyzers and the voltage is 13.0V or 13.1V the entire time during calibration. I tricked the unit into thinking it had a new O2 sensor by navigating the menus on-screen by going to "Sensor" -> "Change" or something like that. It powered off, then I powered it back on, recalibrated, and now my calibration no longer expires.
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^THIS^^^^^^^^^^^ It couldn't be the 02 sensor, I just bought the thing. I had already put it at 48 hours on the NB App. But I made like I was replacing the 02 sensor and NOW IT HOLDS 02 Calibration!! Thank you Mike!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom