cootwo not holding oxygen calibration

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mikeny9

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hello,

My cootwo just started losing its oxygen calibration every time it's powered off. When I turn it back on, it always reads "O2 Cal Expired" and I have to go through the calibration again.

The sensor seems to be reading ok. Is there any way to fix this? Should I replace the sensor?

The COOTWO o2 sensor has to be calibrated before each use. You can set it to “hold” the calibration for any duration between 1 hour and 48 hours. If it doesn’t hold the cal for the time you set it to then yes, the sensor should be replaced.

Yeah it turns off after being on for about 2 minutes or so then when I turn it back on I have to recalibrate it. In the past it used to just tell me to replace the sensor, I haven’t seen this behavior before. Makes me wonder if it’s the sensor or something wrong with the unit itself.

The battery was dead before this started happening. I charged it to full and then the next time I used it it started happening. The battery indicator shows a full charge.

I have read of people having problems if the unit was allowed to completely lose its charge. I would contact them.

I have read of people having problems if the unit was allowed to completely lose its charge. I would contact them.

Good luck contacting them. They are terrible about supporting their customers.

My buddy has one of those and, IIRC, he got a persistent warning like that (on top of many other problems), got nowhere trying to contact them. I believe he swapped out a perfectly good sensor and it went away. It's one headache after another. Utterly unreliable and totally unsupported.

I know some have had decent luck with the Cootwoo, and the CO sensor is a good thing, but the unit is a piece of crap both from a design and build standpoint.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom