Coordinates for diving in Abaco

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

aelred

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Hi
Has anyone got some coordinates for good diving sites in Abaco?
Tried the local diving shops but it seems that they have them all in their heads, or that is their excuse for not giving this info.
Tried Google but not much there
Thanks

We took our boat down there for the winter a few years ago, staging primarily out of Marsh Harbor. We did our diving with Dive Abaco a good operation run by Keith Rogers. All of our diving was done in Fowl Cay Preserve. All of our charts had the reefs plotted but not the locations of the mooring buoys.

In any case, the moorings were not rated for larger boats, placed primarily for dingys and smaller power boats. Navigation within the preserve was strictly visual with a lot of local knowledge required. After seeing the proximity to the coral heads near the surface, I was not tempted to try it in my boat.

Having someone to point out the best parts of the reefs is definitely a plus. Why are you trying to do it yourself?

Hi
Thanks for the above link, that is the only one I found also.
Will be here for 2 more weeks and then back to the uk. Might take a trip with one of the dive centres here as I am relaying on friends to take me diving, only 3 dives in 3 weeks, no good

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom