Cooper River

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
Hi Everyone,
The trip to the Cooper was great, there were lots of people on the charter this past weekend. The weather was humid but with the cool front it was just right for diving four tanks a day.
Lots of shark teeth up to 4 inches were found in various positions on the river. One very nice museum quality gray tooth arrived on the first day for a diver. We discovered a new emerging bed that sand is moving off of. It yeilded over 100 teeth for us and was a pleasure to work. One of the divers came up with two nice arrowhead points, a bird point and a full arrowhead point. Another diver came up with a 6 inch pipe stem up to the broken off bowl. Lots of ballast bricks came on board too. Several pieces of colonial utility pottery, fine china, plain very primative Indian pottery and one unusual decorated piece of Indian pottery were among the finds. The tides were favorable for the four dives done each day and all the divers were eager to get in for that many everyday.
Lots of fish, mostly catfish,and several crab traps, were seen under water during the trip. The local resident
(Alligators) population was slim this time, only three were seen even though traffic on the river was to a minimum.
The next trip out will be in October and it will be time for the last wet suit dives and the beginning of drysuit diving time for sure!!!
September 22 will be the Lake Jocassee Clean Up in Salem, SC. Transportation to the "Wall" will be provided for the divers by two different shops. They will need to bring tanks and lunch or snacks for the stay. The ticket back to the main ramp is a bag or two of trash cleaned from the bottom of the "Wall" area. All the aluminum cans will be recycled to provide funds for ropes and lines for mooring buoys and for the underwater projects in the lake. The rest of the trash will be sorted and will be recycled appropriately. Surface support participants will be welcome as they do very important work to allow the divers to hunt for more trash and remove it. Please contact us for more information at:
wnrouth@carol.net or samsliquidblue@yahoo.com

Hi Samantha!

My name is Brett, im over from Australia looking for some interesting diving for shark teeth, and was wondering when in October you were doing the Cooper River, I will try to do it this friday the 29th of Oct, but dont know any good charters, gear hire, good sites, etc.

I was wondering if you were organizing anything as I am a solo diver atm, and I hear the Cooper is a little hairy at times

Cheers,

Brett

Hey Brett, welcome to ScubaBoard

The post you quoted is 4 years old, :D might want to look for something a bit more current, I don't think Sam is around anymore.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom