Coolpix AW 110 or Oly TG-2 iHS

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

coralcruiser

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I use a G-15 in nauticam housing exclusively for diving but thought it would be good to bring a small waterproof camera on the boat for quick pics, for river running, or other land activities so am looking at a small P+S that is waterproof to take with me on all types of trips.

Has anyone used this camera? Looking for feedback as the other one I am looking at is the Olympus TG-2 iHS.

thanks

I have no experience with a TG-2, but own an AW 100 as well as a AW 110. My wife loves the camera and takes it diving. I take them on the kayak with no worries, and the GPS is a nice feature and allows me to export the track logs. It would be nice if I could set the camera to display the lat/lon, but at least it does show a map. The neck strap instead of a wrist strap was a little strange at first, but works out better than I expected so I did not replace it with a wrist strap.

The Nikons both use the same small sensor and very limited manual controls. I have no complaints about picture quality. Low light performance is pretty reasonable, but does not compare to a larger sensor. I like manual controls so I find that a bit frustrating, but the automatic setting works very well, and they have plenty of scene modes.

The menus are a little better on the AW 110 and its buttons are a bit stiffer which is consistent with its deeper depth rating. The wireless feature on the AW 110 is a disappointment and does nothing I find useful. If you don't need the deeper depth rating, the AW 100 can be found much cheaper.

-Chocula

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom