Converting my Mares Proton MR32 to DIN?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Speardoggin

Contributor
Reaction score
Is it something easy that I can do? I am handy with tools, I just have never done it with a regulator. I see that I can order the part, will it void my Warranty if I install it?

Jeff

i installed the parts on my MR22 with hand tools. it was easy, but if you're worried about warranty you can have a dive shop do it, thou the simplicity of the job really isn't worth paying someone to do it.

i installed the parts on my MR22 with hand tools. it was easy, but if you're worried about warranty you can have a dive shop do it, thou the simplicity of the job really isn't worth paying someone to do it.

Is there instructions with the kit? Do you have torque specs or is it not that critical? Also, how well does the reg hook up to the tank? Does it feel sloppy or solid? I saw a post about someone saying their reg feels loose when on the tank

You just need the DIN adaptor. Very easy, screw the yoke off, screw the DIN on.

You will need either a short (in height) 25 mm (1") socket or a 25 mm open end wrench with either a long jaw or a cutout, so you can remove the yoke nut without ruining the chrome (if you don't care about the chrome - use channel locks).

To install the DIN you will need a long 5 mm hex wrench and should torque it to about 120 inch lbs. Then you will need a 4 mm hex wrench to install the filter keeper (tighten like you would a hose on the reg).

It is not a hard job if you have the right tools, but if you don't - have it done by the shop.

You will need either a short (in height) 25 mm (1") socket or a 25 mm open end wrench with either a long jaw or a cutout, so you can remove the yoke nut without ruining the chrome (if you don't care about the chrome - use channel locks).

To install the DIN you will need a long 5 mm hex wrench and should torque it to about 120 inch lbs. Then you will need a 4 mm hex wrench to install the filter keeper (tighten like you would a hose on the reg).

It is not a hard job if you have the right tools, but if you don't - have it done by the shop.

Thank you.

There will be a bit of loc-tite on the threads too, so it might be a bit of work to "break open"

If the DIN fitting isn't snug, it will have a tendency to work loose when you remove it from the tank. The torq spec that TN Traveler posted sound snug to me. Be sure to spin the handwheel and not the reg body to remove the reg from the tank.

Do you think I should put some temp loctite on there?

I personally hate loctite on regs - too many times people overdo it.

I have a reg now that I can't get the DIN fitting out of it because the last tech that worked on it seems to have thought "if a little is OK - a lot is better".

A teenie, tiny drop, right at the end of the treads inside the reg is OK, but don't spread it across the threads, unless you want a permanent installation.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom