Converting LED25 to E/O for DrySuit Heater

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

forgetmenows

Registered
Reaction score
Hi there. Long time listener first time caller.

So I have an old Hollis LED25 canister light that I no longer use and am thinking of converting it to an E/O connector for use with a drysuit heater this winter. These batteries are expensive and I'd like to avoid buying another battery when I have this one lying around.

So a couple questions for the collective knowledge of this forum.

First off, has any one tried something similar?

I know I've seen Light Monkey sells a replacement cap with an E/O connector that has a pin configuration the looks very similar the that of the Hollis LED25. Does anyone know it the two are compatible?

Otherwise, since I would still like to keep the original LED25 gland intact; I'm going to have to source a replacement delrin cap for the LED25 and make it myself with one if those cables that is pre-terminated with the E/O on one end.

Any advice is advice appreciated. Thanks!

you are going to have to solder no matter how you look at it. Just accept it. You can either get an E/O service kit which converts an existing cable to E/O, not recommended; or, you can buy an E/O cable, and put it in the head yourself. Takes two wrenches to take apart the gland, some mild soldering skills to remove the cable and replace the new one, then you're good to go.

http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/do-it-yourself-diy/432838-wet-electrical-connector.html
List of places there.

Thanks for the input tbone. I figured it would probably come to that I'm fairly comfortable with a soldering iron so it shouldn't be to big of an issue.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom