converting halcyon manifold

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I've never seen one at EE. They may have them in the back or something.

Just because Halcyon sells something doesn't mean it's DIR. They do sell a version of their Explorer wing specifically for CCRs that have tanks mounted valve down.

Yea, I saw that thing. VERY cool! I'd love to try one. Probably work nicely for a tropical rig if you had to still wear a weightbelt.

Given that this isn't the DIR forum, I think that the "what is or is not DIR" debates should stop.

I do not belive that Halcyon manufactures on H adapter, but they might. Sea-Elite and Dive Rite H-valves will work with a Halcyon manifold, though.

Fundamentals of Better Diving dicusses H-valves, if you're interested. Lets move this discussion to the DIR forum if it needs debate.

wow

Things took a weird turn with all the DIR talk. I'm not DIR, don't plan to be and don't really care about it. If it works for you...great.

I just happen to have some Halcyon gear and wanted to know if they manufactured the parts to convert to H-valve. When I asked, the Halcyon/DIR thing didn't occur to me, although I can see what Perrone Ford was getting at. Didn't sound like he was 'pontificating' to me.

Let's NOT move this to the DIR forum. If we did I'd never see it (snicker). I think I got the answers I was looking for with regards to the Dive rite parts fitting the Halcyon. Thanks to those who provided constructive answers.

cheers

I could be wrong but I don't think that Halcyon manufactures valves and manifolds at all.

Mike, in their catalog they do sell manifolds and valves. But I've not seen an H-Valve in the past 3 years of catalogs.

Thanks Laughing Swordfish, I didn't really mean to imply you were trying to be DIR, just that Halcyon only *usually* sells DIR stuff, so that would probably not be the best place to look for what you wanted. Nothing else was meant by it.

MikeFerrara:
I could be wrong but I don't think that Halcyon manufactures valves and manifolds at all.

They don't, H valves are currently made in Italy. Older ones are actually Sea-Elites and take anything that fits them.

PerroneFord:
Mike, in their catalog they do sell manifolds and valves.

They sell them but they aren't the manufacturer.

PerroneFord:
Mike, in their catalog they do sell manifolds and valves. But I've not seen an H-Valve in the past 3 years of catalogs.

Thanks Laughing Swordfish, I didn't really mean to imply you were trying to be DIR, just that Halcyon only *usually* sells DIR stuff, so that would probably not be the best place to look for what you wanted. Nothing else was meant by it.

But what you're saying is H-valves aren't sold by Halcyon because they aren't DIR and that's an inaccurate statement.
Let's go backwards from Cave 1 (since Cave 1 standards have changed) to the DIR-Fundamentals - The Fundamentals of Better Diving.... Page 62, item 21, valves: Dual orifice valves (H or manifold) are an excellent way to increase safety and redundancy.

Back
Top Bottom