converting halcyon manifold

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
Hi all

Was thinking of maybe splitting doubles and going with h-valve singles instead. Can a halcyon isolation manifold be converted to two h-valves? Does Halcyon sell the modular parts to do this? Just curious.

cheers

I'd wager that H-Valves are not DIR.

It isn't a simple question about a valve?:confused:

The sea elite manifolds use the same threads as the older halcyons as do the dive rites. I know this only because I used plugs I bought with a sea elite manifold on both a halcyon and Dive Rite. Since the threads are the same, either the dive rite or sea elite H conversion should work.

As for whether its DIR, who cares....

Probably no one cares if it's DIR. I was merely addressing the portion of the question that asked if Halcyon sold it. Given that Halcyon typically try to sell DIR solutions, I was bettnig the answer was that they do not sell them.

Sorry for any confusion.

PerroneFord:
Probably no one cares if it's DIR. I was merely addressing the portion of the question that asked if Halcyon sold it. Given that Halcyon typically try to sell DIR solutions, I was bettnig the answer was that they do not sell them.

Sorry for any confusion.

I guess you don't really know the DIR system then.

GUE Cave 1 book, section 3.3.2 states Cave 1 training can be done in a single tank provided it has redundant valves. (this is why they use the rule of sixths for doubles divers, it keeps everyone on equal footing since the singles divers use rule of thirds)

If you're going to be on here pontificating about what's DIR and what's not, know what you're talking about. Otherwise, you're just fueling misinformation that leads to mistrust (and dislike) of the DIR community.

deepstops:
GUE Cave 1 book, section 3.3.2 states Cave 1 training can be done in a single tank provided it has redundant valves.
The latest version of GUE Standards says this:

GUE Cave 1 Standards:
Equipment Requirements

Each student should have, and be familiar with, all of the following required equipment.

1. Tanks/Cylinders: Students are required to use dual tanks/cylinders connected with a dual outlet isolator manifold, which allows the use of two first-stages. All dives must start with a minimum of 80 cubic feet/2250 liters of gas.

deepstops:
If you're going to be on here pontificating about what's DIR and what's not, know what you're talking about. Otherwise, you're just fueling misinformation that leads to mistrust (and dislike) of the DIR community.

Well,

I'm not sure that my statement about "wagering that H-Valves are not DIR" could be construed as pontificating, but thank you for posting the information from the GUE Cave manual.

What's the Halcyon Part number for their H-Valve. I must have missed it.

SparticleBrane:
The latest version of GUE Standards says this:

Hmmm, so because they changed the equipment standards it's no longer DIR.

I guess I should have waited a few more years to jump on the DIR band wagon :rofl3:

PerroneFord:
Well,

I'm not sure that my statement about "wagering that H-Valves are not DIR" could be construed as pontificating, but thank you for posting the information from the GUE Cave manual.

What's the Halcyon Part number for their H-Valve. I must have missed it.

I'm wagering they've dropped it since they've apparently revised the equipment requirements since '01 but you could call EE and find out for sure.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom