conversion

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

In Europe there is no such thing as 12 liters tank. All that are called 12 liters are in fact classic American 80 cuft.
The difference comes with 15 liters tanks - these are different from what you have on the other side of the big ocean.
So 12 liter = 80 cuft because it's never realy 12 liters but 11 and something...
Mania

mania:
In Europe there is no such thing as 12 liters tank. All that are called 12 liters are in fact classic American 80 cuft.
The difference comes with 15 liters tanks - these are different from what you have on the other side of the big ocean.
So 12 liter = 80 cuft because it's never realy 12 liters but 11 and something...
Mania
No in EU they have 10lt-12-15-18 lts......and everybody know it is impossible to have a correct mathematical air inside a cylinder.
And there isnt any different between USA and EU ......oh yes Metric and Imperial .
Tank Specs

ste:
No in EU they have 10lt-12-15-18 lts......and everybody know it is impossible to have a correct mathematical air inside a cylinder.
And there isnt any different between USA and EU ......oh yes Metric and Imperial .
Tank Specs
As the one living in EU - there is no such thing as really 12 liters tank. I have Luxfer 12 liters one and it's classic 80 cuft
:D
Mania

mania:
As the one living in EU - there is no such thing as really 12 liters tank. I have Luxfer 12 liters one and it's classic 80 cuft
Mania
This is simply wrong Mania. As someone that comes from Germany with 2 different manufactureres of steel tanks, I can tell you that there are 10lt-12-15-18 lts and even couple more sizes. The volume is measured by the amount of water that fits in it.
You can not complare an original tank from the US (80cuft) to the local tanks.
The Luxfer measurements are originally in Cuft (Imperial) and were only transfered into an approximate metric measurement but the original European tanks are measured in liters (Metric) and not Cuft.

mania:
Mania
Did you checked the Luxfer specs????

ste:
Tank Specs

That news ought to turn the scientific and engineering world on its ear - much less the scuba community. It's certainly news to me. I was taught all sorts of ways to do this, and I use those methods regularly. But, one must clearly define the frame of reference to be used first.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom