Continuing Medical Education Diving Trips?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

FPDocMatt

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
As a newly certified diver who's also a physician, I'm interested in dove-tailing my new diving addiction with the need for annual Continuing Medical Education classes.

Would be interested in hearing about both:
  • Upcoming CME's at Caribbean diving destinations, and
  • Anyone's past experiences of combining CME and diving trips
Thanks!
Matt

February 8 - 11, 23rd Annual Winter Conference on Emergency Medicine, Fairmont Mayakoba Resort, Playa del Carmen, MX. I'm seriously thinking about going. (symposiamedicus.org) I haven't done this before, and the conference runs in the mornings and I think the dive boats do, too . . . but there are always the cenotes!

DAN offers a Diving and Hyperbaric Medicine course. From skimming the website it seems like they offer a few of these a year.

DAN | Upcoming Events

I agree with everyone above. You can also check out Medical Seminars (www.medsem.com). They have a Bonaire meeting every February. Also the Hyperbaric Physicians at Long Beach Memorial run CME trips every year to places like Socorro, Dominica, Roatan, Fiji, Curacao, etc. This year they are going to the Philippines. You can contact the program director, Dr. Stuart Miller, at SMiller1@memorialcare.org.

Hope to see you at one of these meetings soon!

Doug

As a newly certified diver who's also a physician, I'm interested in dove-tailing my new diving addiction with the need for annual Continuing Medical Education classes.

Would be interested in hearing about both:
  • Upcoming CME's at Caribbean diving destinations, and
  • Anyone's past experiences of combining CME and diving trips
Thanks!
Matt

What specialty? Many society's meetings are often in good locations. No need to limit yourself to dive-specific boondoggles; I've been to many conferences that just happened to be in Hawaii, South Florida, California, etc.

What specialty? Many society's meetings are often in good locations. No need to limit yourself to dive-specific boondoggles; I've been to many conferences that just happened to be in Hawaii, South Florida, California, etc.

Good point. Could just attend a CME in a dive location, and do some diving while there. I'm FP and my wife's EM. But I don't attend Family Practice conferences because they're too basic. So Emergency Medicine.

I have "attended" the Medical Dental Legal Update courses Continuing Education Course: Hawaii, Florida, Caribbean which are held weekely in places like Grand Cayman and Aruba. These are DVD didatic courses played on a TV in a hotel room where a hotel employee takes attendance (how much time you spend watching the lectures is at your discretion, they do give a course book of the talks). I have used this route to offset diving trips to GC and Aruba. You claim CME credits according to how much of the course you attended.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom