Contest: Name Snowbear's boat

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Snowbear

NOK
ScubaBoard Supporter
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
Just got a screamin' deal on an unkown vintage 19' Boston Whaler. It came with a 1994 150hp Johnson Ocean Runner and a tandem axle EasyLoader trailer. As you can see from the pics, the boat needs a bit of TLC (and some electronics would be nice), but no doubt she'll float :D

So, my first "real" boat should really have a name. To make it interesting, how about a contest. With a prize to the winner.

Winner gets... uh.... how about his or her choice of a pair of blue Apollo Biofins in perfect condition or a perfectly working UK LightCannon HID light.
For the DIR divers out there - in case one ends up with the winning entry - how about a TX40 2nd stage regulator.

Hmm... we should set a few rules....

* Any contestant may submit as many boat names as you like

* Names must be within the guidelines of the ScubaBoard TOS (i.e. no profanity, please :wink:)

* I get to pick the winning name. If more than one member submits the same name and I pick it, the first one to post that name will be the winner.

* If I like more than one name and can't decide which to pick, I'll start a poll with those names and let you guys vote on it.

* Contest starts when I hit the Submit button and ends.... lets say..... June 30th at midnight?

Some hints ~

~ Her primary purpose will be to serve as a dive boat, though some fishing may occur from her deck

~ The water she'll frequent will be primarily Resurrection Bay and sometimes Prince William Sound, though Katchemak Bay is on my list of places to explore (and has the best Halibut fishing :D)

ah hell, i'll give it a go! but i'm telling you i'm going for the UK light as i already won a pair of black biofins online (then again a blue would give me options depending on my mood at moment of dive hehehehe)

try:
"snowbear"
"bear claw"
"mine!"
"sunshine"
"bubblemaker"

Jag

I'm in!

Ursus Maritimus (or Ursa Maritimus)
Sea Bear
Lars

Is Beluga already taken?
Great White. Is there a Lesser White?
A bit low for any Polarbear but it’s my first thought Snowbear.
Hmmm adaptable? (Spiny) Dogfish
Are you a deeper? The Pacific Sleeper
Hippoglossus

snowboat! like showboat only cold.

Here is a site you need to join Snowbear. PM me with the hull id number and I'll tell you the month and date your boat was built.

PB4UGO is still up for grabs. :D

Just some early thoughts

- Halibutious
- Surface Interval
- Deco Stop
- My Decompression
- Boat not abandoned
- Fish Diver
- Narcosis Now
- See you below

Midnight Oil (like this one the best)
War Hammer (just kidding)
Halcyon Bear (kidding again)
Halcyon Diver (kinda kidding) You know Halcyon means "calm", right...
Aurora B.
Bottom Dweller
Arctic Maiden

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom