Contacts/Diving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I do it all the time. The only dives where I switch to a prescription mask are cave dives. I wear soft lenses, both extended wear and daily wear. You should let your buddy know, just in case somehow both get swept out, so they can help you make a safe ascent if need be.

Can contacts be worn while diving?

Yes, see your O.D. & ask him/her.........GEAUX TIGERS..........

I wear extended wear contacts all the time, even when diving. I keep a spare pair in my gear bag in case I lose one.

Take a spare pair with you in case something happens leave them in your hotel if on a trip. Take your glasses as well in case.

Absolutely! I wouldn't be able to dive without them. Definitely take a spare pair, I even take my glasses just in case too. I've also worked out a hand signal with my dive buddy in case one (or gasp!, both) should become a problem on a dive. Thankfully, I've not lost one yet, although one did become a bit dislocated on one dive. Just need to take off your mask and work it back to where it needs to be with your eyes closed. That said, that does mean you need to be very comfortable putting your mask on and off underwater and subsequently, good at clearing it as well.

Happy diving
C :wink:

Dive with my soft contacts all the time and open my eyes underwater with no problems.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom