Contacting Mares

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Can anybody help please. I have read through previous forums regarding contacting Mares and tried everything they have said in relation to contacting them via their website and it's been impossible.
I spent nearly £300 on a BCD that I thought would be perfect for me with a back problem. However it was clearly made for someone over 5ft 4inches as I had the worst dives being constantly banged on the head with the handle that is attached to it.
Thanks for reading.

I would say to take it back to the LDS you purchased it from. Maybe that it is the wrong size ?
Unless it is a warrenty issue I really doubt there is anything Mares, or for that matter, any manufacturer can do , or will do, for you. Improper fit is a common issue for products purchased online. Can happen if purchased at a LDS , but the LDS usually will take measures to correct any issues you may have with proper fit being they sold you the product and they should fit you properly for it. It's called personal service,something you cannot usually get with online purchases.

I would say to take it back to the LDS you purchased it from. Maybe that it is the wrong size ?
Unless it is a warrenty issue I really doubt there is anything Mares, or for that matter, any manufacturer can do , or will do, for you. Improper fit is a common issue for products purchased online. Can happen if purchased at a LDS , but the LDS usually will take measures to correct any issues you may have with proper fit being they sold you the product and they should fit you properly for it. It's called personal service,something you cannot usually get with online purchases.
Thank you but it was fitted for me. And fits perfectly the problem is a hard plastic handle that is attached to the top of the BCD. I have the Mares she dives hybrid. The problem is one of which would not be detected unfortunately until in the water diving. Only being just under 5 ft the problem is the BCD is not suitable for short people as once in the water and moving handle bangs the base of the head and prevents you from looking up.

Try a PM to Zak - he was on this board about 10 days ago. http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/members/zak-ohara-38063.html

I don't really think anyone at Mares can help though if you're too short for the BC.

Maybe your shop can offer some credit on a new one from a different mfr? Many BC's don't have the hard carry handle any longer so a different brand might be an option instead.

Thank you but it was fitted for me. And fits perfectly the problem is a hard plastic handle that is attached to the top of the BCD. I have the Mares she dives hybrid. The problem is one of which would not be detected unfortunately until in the water diving. Only being just under 5 ft the problem is the BCD is not suitable for short people as once in the water and moving handle bangs the base of the head and prevents you from looking up.
If the LDS you purchased it wants to be known for delivering good to great customer service they should take it back as a return and fit you with a different bcd that fits/ works better for you. We do that here at the facility I teach out of. We offer a in water guarantee on gear we fit and sell to customers.

Back
Top Bottom