Constant Ad running at bottom of screen.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Ads OK - NOISY AUTO-PLAY ADS not so much.

Unfortunately, there is no "Block all noisy ads" - however, if the destination URL of the ad is identified, then the individual advertiser can be blocked. With that said, you can report offending ads by posting a new thread in site support.

So am I doing it wrong?

Screenshot_20160625-073603.png

Full disclosure, the single ad at the bottom doesn't bother me, I only post from mobile and never have the sound turned up... That and I never scroll all the way down.

There is no top banner ad...

I think I remember you, @HowardE the mentioning it was a "feature"...

Try using the default theme

Still there...

Probably requires clearing my cache and cookies...

That will require remembering my password... Hmmm.. Lol

Don't clear your cookies, that rarely fixes anything.

The issue was that I didn't put the conditional statement (If you are a supporting member, and you have "don't show ads" checked) around the ads. All set now.

I guess I've not seen the ads since I'm a supporter, but I thought SB used google for ads. I also thought google had a reputation for not serving up noisy flashing "garbage" ads... kind of surprised that sort of thing is popping up here.

I do use Google for ads. They don't offer an option to prevent ads with sound.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom