Console vs Wrist

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

You have your 'puter on your wrist, it's going to look better a lot longer.

If you're renting out the consoles to OW divers who don't simplify and secure their gear, that's surely true.

In counterpoint, I never had a scratch on my console computer secured across my chest to the right shoulder, even doing zero vis exits from deep wreck penetrations where there's always something to bump into while feeling your way out. Since going arm-mounted a couple months ago, my Petrel has already acquired a few decorations courtesy of cluttered wreck interiors, simply because no matter how trim and careful you are, it's out there more.

you create some weird out of the way scenario just to say that a console would fit nice in it...

to find a diver that has BOTH his hands filled with redundant gauges AND lobster hunting AND finding a huge lobster AND the lobster going into a deep hole AND him going after it...

come on

i dont think anybody is arguing whether it doesn't have scenarios where a console wont work... we're just saying which we prefer and why

I also find it funny for people to invent reasons as to why wrist mounts are better too. It's as though nobody ever deployed SMBs while using console mounts before. Or dive streamlined with a console.

a console unit will do just fine with simplicity of elegance.

Simplicity maybe, elegance....not so much.

Yes, I'm getting older, the earth is semi-round, and catfish don't have kittens. What's your point?

My point is that wrist mount is superior only for you and a handful of others. There are many of us who think that console mounts are superior. Feel free to disagree.

My point is that wrist mount is superior only for you and a handful of others. There are many of us who think that console mounts are superior. Feel free to disagree.

I dive with wrist mount and it works for me. I generally dive with my arms out front, and is very easy to see at a glance.

I am in no way suggesting that this way is superior, I think everyone should make that decision for themselves. However, I am curious. I generally use my right d-ring more than my left, and during a typical dive, I will have a backup light, primary light and sometimes my primary reg hanging off my right d-ring. It is sometimes a struggle to find what I am looking for in that mess, and wondering if adding a console would add to that. Do you set things up a little differently than me to free up some space on your right d-ring?

and there-in lies your problem...

as i said before.. nobody is saying which is superior to the other.... just which works better for US and WHY....

you're the only one that seems to thing consoles are superior in general... but it really doesn't matter sigh...

God bless the Internet, where people can bicker the mundane.

I have dove both. I prefer wrist mount. So long as you don't kill me or yourself while we dive together I really don't care what you use. One isn't better than the other. It's preference. Dive them both and make a decision. Your mileage may vary.

Back
Top Bottom