Console for nitrox or air diving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hi
I am a little confused. I want a Sherwood console that can be used for air diving and also for Nitrox. Any suggestions as to what model would serve both types of diving? I am just returning to the scuba scene after a five year layoff
Regards
Walter
Florida
retflir@gmail.com

keep in mind, any "Nitrox" computer can be used to dive "Air", you just set the "mix" to 21%..... One thing to keep an eye out for is that some computers that have both "Air" and "Nitrox" modes will not let you switch between those modes between dives once they have begun logging/computing a dive (Mares comes to mind) until they have cleared. That is why you put it in "Nitrox" mode, and just adjust the mix for the dive you are doing...

Looking at the 2013 Catalog you can choose from the Wisdom 3, Insight, Profile and Amphos. All of them have Air/Nitrox modes, so pick which ever one you want.

keep in mind, any "Nitrox" computer can be used to dive "Air", you just set the "mix" to 21%..... One thing to keep an eye out for is that some computers that have both "Air" and "Nitrox" modes will not let you switch between those modes between dives once they have begun logging/computing a dive (Mares comes to mind) until they have cleared. That is why you put it in "Nitrox" mode, and just adjust the mix for the dive you are doing...

+2. My Cobra is one of those that if you start in "air" mode you can't switch the same day. That's why I leave it in "nitrox" mode all the time and adjust the O2 level as needed. B.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom