Considering video equipment, looking for advice

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

asher

Reaction score
I'm thinking about getting a digital video camera and housing. I'm likely to use it mostly in warm water, like the Caribbean. I'm currently considering the Sony DCR-TRV38 and the USVH MiniDV housing. Anybody have any experience with either of these that they can offer? Other alternatives to suggest?

I'm using a USVH housing with a Sony TRV-70 myself. Although I've only taken it out once, I loved it! I'll be taking this rig for another run on April 3rd aboard the Explorer in the Turks and Caicos....I can't wait!!!

Warren definetly stands behind his housings. He not only walked me through some of my stupider :dork: moments before I left (without ever calling me a moron). He also answered questions that came up while I was in Grand Cayman.

BTW, if you want to see some beautiful video, check out ronrosa's site...good stuff!!!

Jeff

JRO:
I'm using a USVH housing with a Sony TRV-70 myself. Although I've only taken it out once, I loved it! I'll be taking this rig for another run on April 3rd aboard the Explorer in the Turks and Caicos....I can't wait!!!

Warren definetly stands behind his housings. He not only walked me through some of my stupider :dork: moments before I left (without ever calling me a moron). He also answered questions that came up while I was in Grand Cayman.

BTW, if you want to see some beautiful video, check out ronrosa's site...good stuff!!!

Jeff

Thanks Jeff. I look forward to hearing about and seeing your video footage from Turks & Cacios. I'm also booked on the Explorer, but not until October.

Do you have lights yet ? Night dives are my favorite and you should see some great stuff at night in T&C.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom