Considering the Flathead 7 as my 1st Stage..

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Islandheart

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
5000 - ∞
I'm putting together another Air Delivery System for my OTS FFM setup.

I'm looking at the Flathead 7 for the foundation 1st and going from there. I'll use Mil-flex hoses and a QD for my computer.

Current users of the Flat 7 what are your thoughts.....

:idk:

Don't be discouraged.
Not too many people dive a FFM.

I say go for it.
The FH7 is a great first for the OTC mask
Ive switched over to the FH7 but I haven't used my FFM with the FH7 but did use my OTC mask with a FH 6 with no issues. The 7 is internally the same as the 6. Externally the 7 is smaller, lighter and has one additional port that you most likely will not use because it exits right toward your head in single tank config.

I did turn the IP down a little to keep the positive pressure down a little but my normal IP is pretty high for deep diving. The stock setting around 130 will most likely work fine for you.

The miflex hose is great with a FFM.
You wont feel the resistance on the mask when you turn your head.

Feel free to asking.
Its Holiday season but we get on to answer questions sooner or later.

Hey Gibby thanks much for the comments.

Yea, the full face mask thing is still pretty new to Rec. Divers but I believe that'll change now that the Guardian is out in force.

The ability to have comms with your buddies, not having to worry about fogging, the extra safety of a FFM, all these things make diving an extra special adventure.

I had never had comms when riding my motorcycle but now do and am able to share the experience with my co-rider (wife) and my brother on another bike.

The FH7 sure seems like a sweet setup, I ordered it with a Yellow Zeagle Z 1st stage to use as my Octo.

All Milflex hoses, 36" Blue for my Guardian, 40" Yellow for my Octo, and a 25" Black for my LP Inflator.
I have a 36" HP Black but am torn on using it with a regular pressure gauge / my Veo100 or attaching my Aeris Atmos AI air interrgated quick-disconnect hose.

Like to hear from other Flat Head users, especially those with Z 2nd stages.

Thanks and regards.
Bob C.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom