Considering relocating to Naples...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

lhpdiver

Contributor
Reaction score
We are living just south of Boca. Have a house on the water, little whaler in the canal, 20 minutes and we are in the water. We get in about 6 tanks a week. Diving is very important to us.

An old friend, former employer, called this week and is starting a new company in Naples.

Is there any diving in the Naples area ? Would we have to drive across the state every weekend to go diving ? Could we take the whaler south a bit and hit some decent diving ?

We are both new instructors and my wife might want to teach scuba while I sat at the desk.

Thanks

Diving is way offshore there - some good stuff, but nothing serious close-in. These guys routinely go 65 miles one way, dive, haul the anchor, go another 70 miles somewhere else, dive, then go 50 miles to get back home. When I did that in the Navy, it was called a "deployment".
Cool you're on the water there in LHP. Ouch on the taxes though.

Cool you're on the water there in LHP. Ouch on the taxes though.[/QUOTE:
Thank goodness for the homestead... We also live north of sample (wrong side of the tracks). We bought 8 years back and today a decent condo costs what we paid for the house back then. We would love to downsize - but the taxes will be close to a wash.

naples goes to sleep at 6pm,, and im not sure if they have wheel chair diving ,,considering how old the people who live there, are,,,,,lol...
stay in light house point,,,,

lhpdiver:
Thank goodness for the homestead... We also live north of sample (wrong side of the tracks). We bought 8 years back and today a decent condo costs what we paid for the house back then. We would love to downsize - but the taxes will be close to a wash.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom