Considering purchasing a Sony RX100 mk2 camera and housing

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Housings are always more expensive than cameras and nobody bothers shooting JPEG underwater

Housings are always more expensive than cameras

Nope ... I have always spent less on housings than I have on a camera, and that includes the 2 Ikelites I have had.

nobody bothers shooting JPEG underwater
This is simply not true, you may shoot RAW only - great if that is what you want, on the dive boat I was on in Nov ... everyone was shooting jpeg, apart from one Canon user who was shooting Raw+jpeg ... and happily sharing pics and uploading to Facebook while out at sea.
I have shot RAW previously with Olympus CW8080 & Canon G4 - but for last 6 years & 2 cameras shot only jpeg.

Appreciate you have your views... but those are plainly incorrect statements.

My reasons are still 100% valid for me .... the RX100 is too small and feels awkward in my hands, and as I use it above water more than in-water that was very relevant.
If I was after a 100% dedicated underwater camera then maybe it would have been different.

From entering water with a housing the size on a concrete block, dome port, twin arms, strobes & focussing light ..... for me I found it so much better to simply clip compact to BCD and stride in. As they say ... been there, done that .... wasn't for me :no:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom