Considering buying a nitrox computer, which one??

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

caymaniac

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
I currently have a air integrated ( Genesis ) computer on a retractable cable on my B.C., what model do you have or recommend for Nitrox capabilities?
Thank you,
Caymaniac:confused:

Originally posted by caymaniac
I currently have a air integrated ( Genesis ) computer on a retractable cable on my B.C., what model do you have or recommend for Nitrox capabilities?
I use a Suunto Stinger in gauge mode and plan using EAD.

Perhaps you could just use your Genesis and have an extra safety factor when using nitrox.

Are you nitrox certified?

It works with air or EANx21-50 and has a gauge mode for later technical stuff. I still do the planning with the DSAT and RDP using EAD though...

I currently own/use the Genesis ReACT nitrox computer. But I have a good friend who has the Suunto Mosquito, and an instructor who has both the the Stinger and the Vytek. Both folks are very happy with their computers.

I have also spoken with several Vyper owners and they are also very happy divers.

A plus also is that the Suunto Dive Manager (the computer software that helps you analyze the dive data) is one of the better ones that I have seen.

Hi
The best Nitrox computer on the market is the the Suunto Vyper which is very easy to use has big buttons and you very easily set the mix you want to use it event trackks for you over multiple dives and gives you the max depth per mix and the no deco limits.

If you want to be very safe dive nitrox but land your dives on Air tables

Regards
evin

Oceanic Datamax Pro Plus

For me it was a tough choice between this one, Aeris 500AI, or the Cobra. I wanted an air integrated, Nitrox compatible, reliable computer that was streamlined and easy to use.

The Aeris lost on being streamlined. Ok it is streamlined, but not as much as the Oceanic. The Cobra lost for its display. More room for error in a stressful situation.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom