CONSHELF XIV DIN Adaptor??

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The Titan ones will fit. Northeast Scuba Supply has them in stock for around $80 plus freight. I just got a couple.

I do also have an actual Conshelf one on one of my regs. It is a nicer feel in that it has a knurled plated brass wheel rather than the plasticky thingy on the titan ones. On the other hand it is all brass and has to be installed carefully with a torque wrench. There was one near miss where the DIN barrel broke off during a dive after being overtorqued that led to a recall. The newer DIN barrels are stainless steel and have a wider torque window.

I did not realize how rare conshelf din units are , anyone got a couple they do not need ?

Here's a photo of a Conshelf Supreme with a Titan DIN adapter.

P5040239.JPG

Here's a photo of a Conshelf Supreme with a Titan DIN adapter.

View attachment 407967

Is that Conshelf the XII? They had a different yoke attachment, yoke retaining nut, than the later Conshelfs, surclip yoke
retainer? What about the o-ring at the base of the DIN connector? If I remember correctly the TITAN has a grove to retain the o-ring.

If it does work properly on a XIV and up I may try it on one of my XIVs, I have a extra TITAN DIN.

Mine is an XIV (or one of the other later ones) with the snap ring. I don't believe they will work with an XII.

The O-ring that comes with the kits goes on the base of the DIN connector. I have found that to work fine although I've been told that some Conshelfs are threaded down far enough that it won't. In any case, an 015 O-ring on the nose of the regulator body works perfectly too and is similar to the arrangement with the original Conshelf DIN adapters.

The O-ring that comes with the kits goes on the base of the DIN connector. I have found that to work fine although I've been told that some Conshelfs are threaded down far enough that it won't.

I had an o-ring extrude on this reg today when it was attached to a full HP cylinder. In retrospect, using the O-ring in the kit was a bad idea.

I removed it and replaced it with an 015 on the nose and it works OK now, and I anticipate that it will continue to work OK.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom