Conshelf fans welcomed

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Calvinator:
Is there a Conshelf out there with 2 high pressure ports on the first stage?
Not the conshelf that I know of, Maybe one of the new high speed ones BUT if you want Bulletproof performance stay happy with the 21 JMHO

HI,

My rig is a conshelf SE2 for primary and a Calypso 6 as an octo. SE2 breathes well and I have dives it down to 140 ft. Though I'm thinking of buying a Mares Abyss MR22. Is this right? " Is this a need or a wnat"? :10:

Creed:
Are there any major differences between the XII and the XII?
No...
Creed:
The first stage XIV rebuild kit works for a XII, but the 2nd stage XIV doesn't mention the XII. Does it also use a XIV rebuild kit?
Yes...
Creed:
Is there a serious performance difference between the two?
...and No.

All the conshelf series of regs use the same kits. And so does the new Titan.

rescuediver009:
No... Yes... ...and No.

All the conshelf series of regs use the same kits. And so does the new Titan.

Heh, I just noticed that my first question asked the difference between a XII and a XII. So, I believe that your answer is undeniably correct :wink:

Okay now that I've read all of this thread, I think I'm a little better informed about USD regs. I am happy to know that Conshelf regs don't seem to be in danger of obsolescence anytime soon.

Right now there's a Conshelf 22 that I have my eye on. I, ah, presume that's one of the good ones, judging from what I've read...

cheers

Billy S.

Moogyboy:
Okay now that I've read all of this thread, I think I'm a little better informed about USD regs. I am happy to know that Conshelf regs don't seem to be in danger of obsolescence anytime soon.

Right now there's a Conshelf 22 that I have my eye on. I, ah, presume that's one of the good ones, judging from what I've read...

cheers

Billy S.

There have been several sets of rebuild kits on eBay recently, so I think you should have little trouble finding parts.

I just picked up another used Conshelf 1st stage, and I'm wondering what model it is. It looks identical to an SE2, 3LP and 1HP ports, but all 3 LP ports are 1/2". The serial number starts with JP. My other SE2 has 3 LP ports but only 1 of them is 1/2", the other 2 are 3/8". What have I got here?

Thanks for any info.

Don

murphdivers286:
You have struck a bad note with me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I hated my Conshelf seIII. It sucked. It felt like I was breathing through a mixed drink straw at only 20 ft. One time at 40 ft, it almost completely stuck shut. I could hardly get a breath out of it.

I'm proud to anounce I now own an Atomic B2 and would give up all of my other equipment before I gave up my B2.

I have been diving a SE3 for some time and have never had any trouble with it...sounds like you were having possible mainenance issue or something? I know many others who dive the same reg. and have never had problems either.

Did you ever discover why it was so restricted? I am very curious to know why...thanks

Calvinator:
Hmmm.... I finally think that I'll just have to settle with the Aqualung Legend LX.... *sigh*
I ordered my Legend LX Supreme today. Been droolin at the chance to get my own Legend. I've been diving a Coustead D forever (GREAT reg...2HP and 4LP/D is sealed...no D is not). The Legend LX is up there with the ATX100 Apeks. A fine reg.

Calvinator:
How many models of Conshelves are out there? I've only heard of Conshelf XIV and Conshelf 22. Are there other Conshelf models out there?
This might not be a complete list, but based on some AquaLung documents, the Conshelf series has included:
XII, XIV, 20, 21, 22, and 30 (actually a minor variant on the XIV second stage)
SE, SE2, SE3, SEA, SEA2, SEA4, SEAS, SES, Supreme, and EFA (external fine adjustment),
The Conshelf XII and Supreme went through a recall in 1977 because of a second stage problem. Article here.

I found a few mentions of Conshelf VI and XI on the web, but have no independent confirmation to determine if these are real model numbers. Perhaps the VI was the Calypso VI, and the XI might have been the XII. Can anyone confirm or deny?

And fwiw, Conshelf I, II and III were Cousteau’s saturation diving habitats from the early sixties, and Conshelf Ten was a fictional underwater colony in the book “Crisis on Conshelf Ten” by Monica Hughes, 1975.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom