Conshelf 21 with weird hole in HP port

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Sure. I've never tried it, but there's plenty of instructional videos and the local welding shop does have brass filler rods. Apparently not a great idea for mig but you can tig weld brass.

2 years ago I'd never welded steel or aluminum either. Now I have. First time for everything, right?

The end of the HP hose has a tiny orifice to reduce gas loss. So the only issue I see is the o-ring failure atthe first stage junction. All the LP plugs and hoses already have a vulnerability to failure, so what is one more. Does not seem to be a big deal to me.

What's the worse that could happen on a coast dive? Ascend and swim in on the surface.
I don’t think anything could happen. The hole is down inside and no cracks going up into the threaded area. The hose also has a small pinhole so even if the HP hose blew it wouldn’t blow out any faster than if the reg hole was still intact.
The thing has been like that for years and I’ve been using it now for probably 8 years.

I don’t think anything could happen.

Neither do I, it just looks like a ham handed fix. My point being, whatever could happen to the reg will bè less of a problem than running into boa kelp on the swim in..

Neither do I, it just looks like a ham handed fix. My point being, whatever could happen to the reg will bè less of a problem than running into boa kelp on the swim in..
Absolutely true, however there is no boa kelp to run into sadly. I’d take the perils of feather boa kelp any day over this purple urchin crap!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom