Conshelf 1st stage failure

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

oldschoolto

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
As some of you know, I have been using a conshelf XIV supreme for years with out overhauling it.. It's build date was 1979 and I got it years ago as new old stock... So 25 years sitting on a shelf and then diving the rest of the time.. I do a clean and inspection on all my gear and take very good care of it... But, I have been wanting to see how long you can really go on the conshelf without a overhaul... Well.... I got to 37 years... See my post in NEAR MISSES....

Jim...

Good way to get yourself hurt. Test to failure? On life support equipment?
Really glad you weren't on a deep dive in a high current and doing a blue water deco stop when this piece of equipment failed - due to misuse.

Good way to get yourself hurt. Test to failure? On life support equipment?
Really glad you weren't on a deep dive in a high current and doing a blue water deco stop when this piece of equipment failed - due to misuse.

Well, You have not read the limits that I dived this regulator set under... I know very well what I was doing...

And just like to add, At the airport yesterday I was chatting with a few divers... We were talking about buddy's and one brought up the fact that his buddy sucked... His just serviced before the trip Atomic ST1 failed at 70 feet on his 4th dive and his only choice was head up as his buddy was no where to be found...

Jim...

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom