Connection Reset. Server too busy/down?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Melicertes

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
I am getting connections being reset when accessing ScubaBoard. I know there's been problems with the some services on the forum since the server move, but this seems to be a either overloaded traffic issue or connectivity issue between my PC and the SB server. I am able to get to every other site I usually get to so connectivity's not an issue on my side. Is there any maintenance (like trying to fix the other services) being done at present that I'm not aware of perhaps?

Anybody know anything about this?:coffee:

i've been having trouble connecting too, not sure what's up

btw, love your avatar ... though creepy

I've had so many connection problems that I'm actually in danger of getting work done!

I thought it was just me,yes I have been having these problems also,from work and home.I notice it seems to occur around 2:30 - 3:00 cst and sometimes in the evenings. I'm guessing these might be the time of day when SB server is the busiest.

I get a server not found error several times each day. Sometimes I can connect to http://70.84.188.178/ the alternate address during those times. I can ping scubaboard.com, but not connect to the server. I assume they are rebooting it.

Has anyone else noticed posts getting out of sequence ... i.e. people replying to things that show up in the thread after they've been responded to?

How bizarre ...

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

NWGratefulDiver:
Has anyone else noticed posts getting out of sequence ... i.e. people replying to things that show up in the thread after they've been responded to?

How bizarre ...

... Bob (Grateful Diver)
I just thought I was reading minds.

Yes, that's very unnerving. Kind of like watching the movie "Memento".

Its most likely a server request capacity issue... I've noticed it a lot recently (like 2-3 times a day) and it's been driving me crazy... My day is usually crazy enough so when I get a chance to relax I like to check out SB...except it won't load! ARGH!!! Heh. I get all annoyed because I'm expecting it to be there. But I can't complain much as I havent bought a subscription yet and I'm sure the server capacity issues will be resolved shortly at some point.

mobster75:
Its most likely a server request capacity issue

I'm getting a 404 error at the root, not a 500 type error which would indicate an overload.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom